Who We Are
- It is the mission of FCICA to provide a unique network for problem solving, education and support, to enhance our members' businesses and the flooring industry.
- It is the vision of FCICA to be recognized by the floor covering, design and construction industries as the commercial flooring contractors organization, providing the highest level of installation expertise, solutions and opportunities to network with the industry experts.
Message from Chairman Swift
- FCICA is the commercial floor covering industry's Technical Installation Arm.
- In addition to the industry's top Flooring Contractor members, our Associate members consist of Technical Service Representatives from the industry's best manufacturing companies and distributors, as well as software vendors and consultant firms.
- Our Members work closely together to develop and train on the industry's ever-evolving installation and mitigation systems, software and best practices for installation management.
- This ensures that our contractor members are the best trained, most efficient and profitable flooring contractors in the world.
The Floor Covering Installation Contractors Association was officially incorporated on July 1, 1982. Prior to this time, numerous problems confronted the industry including a lack of minimum standards, unclear specifications, no uniform training and the need for quality craftmanship.
When the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) announced its intention to develop and promulgate an installation standard, several prominent installation workrooms were asked to serve on the CRI Installation Committee. This resulted in the development and release of the "Standard for Installation of Textile Floorcovering Materials, CRI-104-1982".
The installers serving on the committee were enthusiastic about CRI-104, so they formed a group to discuss numerous other projects to promote the floor covering installation industry.
Ten installation contractors met in Chicago on May 17, 1982 to discuss the formation of an association. Less than two months later, FCICA became a national association representing the people and the trade of floor covering installation.
FCICA continues to work to improve the industry to this day! Your membership in FCICA gives you a voice in your industry.