Job Summary: This role coordinates flooring installation projects. The includes monitoring ongoing jobs, scheduling and participating in inspections, guiding installation teams, communicating with on-site customers and completing paperwork and/or properly inputting all job related details into the IEX on-line project management system. In this role, the project coordinator must have the flexibility to work in the office and in the field (as required). A significant amount of time is spent on the phone keeping crews on schedule and customers up-to-date and informed on a daily basis. The job requires the ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks at one time and can require responsiveness at a fast pace. The person in this role needs to be comfortable with changes and highly adaptable, while still having a respect for procedures.
- To ensure that flooring projects are coordinated and move forward in a timely, cost-effective manner and make changes and adjustments as needed.
- To proactively apply strong problem-solving and customer service skills to effectively see the project thru from start to completion - - including assuring final inspection - - to the satisfaction of the customer.
- To have a keen eye for detail and a respect for protocol and the ability to follow procedures with accuracy.
- To occasionally work evenings and weekends to facilitate solutions when necessary (i.e. where down time or deadlines demand).
- To identify areas for improvement with a view to maintaining and enhancing the reliability, stability, integrity, and security of the computing systems.
- To document solutions and to ensure others are informed of changes and developments.
- To “own” problems and see them through to completion and keep stakeholder parties involved and informed at all stages, as necessary.
- To attend liaison/team meetings as required to share information regarding IT changes and developments and to gather information about future needs or projects.
- To demonstrate an “I can” attitude and help the organization stay on the cutting edge of new technologies that can advance our business and create new efficiencies.
- Establish, organize and maintain project assets and records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Commit to professional development through self-paced study and/or relevant training as approved by Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work in office environment vs. outdoor on-site construction.
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Keyboard Skills
- Reading Skills
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Flexible Schedule
One of the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management desirable
• 2-Year Degree from Technical College Construction Management Program with minimum 2 years of industry experience
• High School diploma and two to five years of practical work experience.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.