The ideal Director of the Commercial Flooring Business Unit is a strong leader who loves to develop team members, creates a motivational and encouraging environment for the team, and is accountable while holding others accountable. This excellent delegator empowers others, and can accept setbacks and disappointments without blaming others or pointing fingers. Leading by example, this humble and confident coach and mentor is inspired and can inspire others. With a positive attitude, the right candidate will take ownership of the team, recognize the need for additional training, and envisions the team’s potential and growth opportunities. The ideal candidate is hungry and driven to make the Commercial Flooring Business Unit more efficient and effective.
Regardless of circumstances, this calm and patient multitasker sees the big picture and understands how decisions impact the company, each department, and the customer. This rising star loves what they do and recognizes that problems will arise. Not shying away from adversity, the ideal candidate understands that we win and lose together, and is not afraid to address issues head-on, make a decision, and move forward. Always wanting to do the right thing, this resilient Director of Commercial Flooring is detail- oriented, customer-focused, and sees mistakes as an opportunity to improve the business unit. Working well under pressure comes naturally to this problem solver, who can stay the course when contractors or Project Managers try to push the limits, and can hold the line in a diplomatic way, knowing how to balance meeting everyone’s objectives.
The responsibilities and duties for this Director of Commercial Flooring position include, but are not limited to, the following items:
• Lead, manage, and hold the commercial team members accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments.
• Ensure the commercial team is functional and cohesive, preserving, and improving upon our culture of collaboration.
• Oversee all commercial bid estimates, proposals, contracts, projects, and payments.
• Train, develop, and mentor team on estimating and project management best practices.
• Ensure that team consistently adheres to the company’s core processes and operating system.
• Resolve issues effectively by identifying and calling out problems, being comfortable with conflict, and practically and constructively solving the problems.
• Establish and maintain internal controls, integrating all major operations functions of the company’s Commercial Flooring Business Unit.
• Effectively collaborate with the owners of the company and stay on the same. page.
Possesses an ability to filter and translate the leadership team’s ideas into functional action plans.
• Challenge current processes / systems and design improvements and recommend improvements to increase efficiency.
• Grow the Commercial Flooring Business Unit as a stand-along business, building its
brand, reputation, capability, and influence.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in commercial flooring
- Estimating experience
- Experience with bid proposals
- Project Management experience
- Contract Negotiation experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience
- 5 years’ experience in commercial flooring
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with software applications for take offs and estimating
- Growing company
- Owners are experienced business people who are well-networked in adjacent trades and markets
- Owners are committed to investing time and money in the personal and professional development of employees
- Owners like to empower their employees and then let go – no limits or micro- managing
- Committed to EOS process that provides structure, purpose, and a plan to put the right people in the right seat
Salary range: $100 - 125K (commensurate with experience), plus unlimited bonus potential based on growth and profitability